Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
With substantial experience representing purchasers, sellers, brokers, and lenders, I can assist you with real estate contract formation and the resolution of contract disputes that arise from real estate transactions.
As an experienced litigator with many years of courtroom and deposition experience now practicing in my own law office, I can apply transaction and litigation techniques at a lower cost than would be charged by a larger law firm.
Following are some of my recent engagements:
- Negotiation of commercial lease on behalf of the tenant in a downtown Washington office building.
- Litigation of a case where a client’s neighbor claimed a right to cross the property in the absence of a recorded easement.
- Disagreement regarding application of contract terms to real estate purchases
- Resolution of disputes with a Home Owners’ Association concerning the development rights of an individual property owner within the Association.
- Adjustment of a tenant’s obligations in a commercial lease when the pandemic imposed unforeseen burdens.
- Negotiations to avoid eviction actions.